The holidays are a great time to reach out to the people in your personal circle. Not only are people in good spirits over upcoming family get-togethers and impending time off, they’re also happily looking forward to all the possibilities the New Year has to offer. As a result, you have a once-a-year opportunity to reach out to members of your personal circle in order to offer both a holiday greeting and a business call.
The key to successful holiday calling is to make it obvious to message recipients that you’re reaching out to them for both personal and professional reasons. This sets up the expectation that you’ll transition from a message of holiday well-wishes to business matters – eliminating the discomfort that these members of your personal circle may experience if they’re only expecting a holiday greeting.
To make these calls as successful as possible, take a look at the following script. This conversation is a map that will help you ask the right things at the right times, so it’s important to stick to the words below when it comes to making these holiday calls.
PERSONAL CIRCLE HOLIDAY/NEW YEARS SCRIPT:
- Hi, _______. This is ____________ at _________________… How are you….? ( ) Great!
- ____________, the reason I’m calling today is two things:
- First, I just wanted to give you a quick call to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday…. and also a very happy and prosperous new year! ( ) Thank you!
- And second…is because….I need your help! (Sure!) I’ve set a goal to help at least _________ people either buy a home, sell a home, or invest in real estate in the new year and I was wondering….who have you talked to recently…that I could help? ( ) Awesome!
- What is the best way for me to get in touch with them? ( ) Perfect! I’ll give them a quick call and introduce myself and see what I can do to help them!
- So I’m curious…have you set any real estate goals for next year….in terms of either making a move…or investing in real estate? ( ) Excellent!
- It sounds like we should meet! Would next Wednesday around 12:30 work…or Thursday at 5:30 work best for you?
To see exactly how to take the words of this script and transform them into a more conversational style, watch the following video I put together on how to make your holiday greeting calls even more effective:
And here’s an example of it in a live conversation:
Now, should you run into a personal circle member who tells you, “Let me talk to them first before I give out their phone number,” use the following objection handler script to continue moving the conversation forward.
- Absolutely! And I appreciate so much you making that introduction!
- So let’s do this. If you’ll give them a call and make the introduction….let me go ahead and get his number from you… now.
- And then I’ll wait to hear from you…after you talk to him, just shoot me a quick text message and give me the green light.
- And then I’ll give them a quick call…and all I’m going to do is touch base with them, introduce myself, and see if there’s anything I can do to help. Fair enough?
- What is their number? ( ) Excellent. Thank you!
And, just so you can hear a sample of how it should sound in “real life,” here’s a bonus video for you:
With just a small amount of effort on your part, you’ll be both improving the relationships you have with members of your personal circle while also setting yourself up for a successful start to the New Year. So….what are you waiting for? Start reaching out today! It’s more than just good business…it’s good will!